What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, April 30, 2009

First time for life, love, and the persuit of happiness

Okay so tonight after work I had the most AMAZING chance to speak to my friends fiancee about GOD and I DID!!! I've had plenty chances previously, but this one slapped me smack in the face.


So my friend has been going through a hard time with her fiance whom she has been with for two years! Its confusing but anywho, her "MAN" was waiting out side for her to get off and i asked him how he was doing and he hesitated, so i pushed and he finally confessed he had been a real jerk to her. So, the first thing that pops into my head is

1st Corinthians 13:4-7 " ~4~Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud~5~ or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of wrong. ~6~ It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth. ~7~ Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. "

My friend is like a siser to me, but when I came out with that verse I just wanted to yell in amazment that I could share God with This Friend. ! I mean never in my life have I felt obligated to tell others that God is their creator and the creator of this beautiful girl my friend is becoming. and that God allowed him to meet her. Like my life has seriously gone "topsey-turvey"" this Media Fast and i love it. God has shown Him-self to me this month and this time I'm taking him by the hand and Letting Him doing the Leading.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love it, Mesha. Can't wait to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete