What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break!

okay so i've been trying to figure out how to blog this whole week and i finally figured it out!!! =D

So yaaaaay its spring break!!!!! But what am i supposed to do??? That was the first thing that I thought of when spring break started! But you know, there are plenty of things that I could do that aren't secular! Like on saturday a bunch of us hungout at chloe's and watched some movies! That was so much fun! And on sunday some of us went to merritt's house and went swimming!!! That was a lot of fun too! So throughout the media fast I'm going to try and hangout with my friends more often! Like there is a park really close to my house and I like to hangout there a lot! ................My dad told me something that I thought was pretty cool, he said that during the fast, I shouldn't just replace all of the media that I watch into more media! Whether it's christian or not! My dad said that the purpose of this fast is not to replace everthing with christian media. But to kind of put aside most of the time i spend on media, and fill it with spending time with God! I thought that was pretty cool! Of course we can still spend our time watching and listening to christian media, but I think that God would be much more pleased with us if we spent time with him! This has kind of been a struggle for me but I'm guessing it'll get quite a bit harder towards the half-way point! But all I ask of you guys is to pray for me to read my bible and actually follow through with what my dad said! I'm not a big fan of reading so reading the bible doesn't sound too great! Alright, so that's about all that I have to say right now. So if you all would please pray for me i'd really appreciate it! I'm praying for you all and I hope you guys trust God and your friends and family to keep you accountable!
~Emm N' Emm

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about that too, how much time we spend on media, even if it's Christian, doesn't necessarily mean we're spending it with God. That's an even greater challenge to be intentional about the time we're not spending on media. Hey if you're looking for something to do tomorrow, you're company is welcome shopping for the 24-hr spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey emma i really like what you said about not replacing media with more media. hope you r doing well and see you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, we're so proud of you for doing this media fast. And we agree that the idea behind this is to spend more time in the Lord. Keep up the good work and know that you're in our thoughts. Tom and Pam Goff

    ReplyDelete