What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, April 10, 2009

Untitled

I can't think of a name.... =]
So, Monday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon I went to a cabin with my family and Rachael in Truckee. The cabin isn't exactly big. And is really open. So my family almost constantly had on the TV, whether it was Indiana Jones or the game channel. And Raerae had her iTouch almost the whole time. Listening to good music. That I couldn't. It was a hard "vacation" Cuz it was that or snow. And I really dislike snow. The 24-hour thing rocked. It was really fun. I learned that at three in the morning is not a good time to make decisions about sleep. And that the answer is always sleep. While we were bowling Wednesday night, they played some decent music and a few of my favorite songs. Which was a little, I dunno confusing I guess. Cuz I couldn't avoid listening. But I was with the youth group... so I don't quite know what to make of it. Anyway, I think I'm rambling now. I'll stop. haha. So, the point. This stuff is EVERYWHERE. And ridiculously hard to avoid.

the end.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts. It's always tough to "be in the world and not of it"... maybe that was a "hidden agenda" for the whole 24-Hour event... maybe I shouldn't have written that but there you go.
    I had fun with you all, too! Glad you made it back to go!

    ReplyDelete