What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Life is seldom what we plan.

So Howdy!

Can you believe that is been 11 days already? I sure can't.

So for the media fast, I've been reading a chapter of Acts and Proverbs a day and I have to say, Solomon, [the one who wrote Proverbs] is one wiiiise dude. I love all of the verses. They're so poetic and metaphorical, but at the same time, straight to the point.
I really like this one verse,
"6 Listen to me! For I have important things to tell you. Everything I say is right,7 for I speak the truth. Proverbs 8: 6-7
SO SPIFFY! It reminded me of media so much. I mean think about it, we look for truth and honest information in media but we will NEVER find it. Look no further guys because God, he has it. Media is just wrapping us in lies, but God will set us free with the truth. : )

Anoooother thing that I found really cool was this singer, Jon Foreman. I love his indie Christian folk style. [oh and he's also the lead singer of switchfoot]
But this song by him really spoke to me;
Love Isn't Made

So I arrive
At the conclusion
Love isn't made
Love doesn't sell or pay
But we buy
And sell our love away

And yet here I am
It's funny how
Life is seldom what we plan

Beautiful eh? I'll let you decide what you think it means to you. :D

~Heather Dunmoyer

No comments:

Post a Comment