What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 28, 2010

what i've learned

soo this month has been pretty different for me in terms of the last two media fasts that i've done. the last two have been about cramming as much christian media as possible into the month to make up for the lack of secular. but this month has been different. i admit i have been reading a ton of christian books :) but i definatly try to balance that with my Bible. i think ive grown mostly in my relationships both with God and with my friends. The growth of relationships is probably one of the important things i've learned from this fast. i've learned that you cant expect to be trusted if you cant put trust back into the relationship. one of the biggest things ive been struggling with this fast was praying to and relying on God. for a while ive been feeling rather mediocre and melancholy. and thats really been bothering me. so egged on by a book i read, i decided to start praying regularly throughout my day. and its been about just everything. haha from my food to my friends ive been praying and i've found that its really helped me. ive grown closer to God and i ve been inspired to go and do things and live my day to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment