What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Silence is Golden!

Yay, I'm finally posting something on here. Well, the media fast has been fabulous so far, complete with a visit to the hospital! I didn't turn the TV on in my room there once...I wonder if the nurses noticed? I have really been enjoying the quietness fasting from media is affording me. Why is it I don't think to turn off the TV or shut off the computer or, whatever it might be that takes up so much of my time when I'm not on a media fast? I think it's cause I'm addicted. Addicted to "zoning out." But it's such a time waster and even though a little TV is fine and dandy every now and then, I really think God could use my time better...like he is now. Praying for all you guys!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased to read all these comments and see how and what everyone is doing. What a wonderful, god-honoring thing to do. I'm sure He will reward your efforts to know Him better.
    Lura Hunter

    ReplyDelete