What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 4

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share with you a really neat passage that I found while I was reading through Matthew...
It was Matthew 6: 16-18:
(16) "When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly, I tell you, they have received their reward in full. (17) But when you fast, pour oil on your head and wash your face, (18) so it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
I just thought that that passage was really cool, so I thought that I would share it with you! Thank you again my sponsors and everyone else for your prayer and support!
-Jessica Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment