What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A good day.

Well, its coming towards the end of day 2. Honestly...i feel like its been a week! Im not gonna lie, I miss my music so much!! But I am getting along alright without it. Well, today was pretty hectic. There was school and my family was babysitting the Reedy boys(which actually kept me pretty busy) and also I had a spanish presentation due today and I was SUPER nervious!!! So in the spare time I had until my class started I didnt watch TV, and I didnt listen to music....what did I do?? I took a nap. :D It was AWESOME! :D I cant tell you how long its been since ive taken a nap....way overdue haha. It was actually really nice because it gave me time to calm my nerves and just reassure myself that everything will go smoothly and pray that God would give me strength, and it worked! I wasnt even as nervious as I thought I was gonna be and I felt SO good afterwards :) So that was a good part of my day. The song Hold Me by Jamie Grace was a big help as well. Very happy-go-lucky :D So its safe to say my day 2 was pretty descent. Hope you all are doing well so far, praying for you guys! Trust in God cause we still got a ways to go :)
-Emma

1 comment:

  1. Yay for naps!!! does this mean that there is an open door for you to become a napper??? and im soo glad that your presentation went well, hooray for Jesus! :)

    ReplyDelete