What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Last Day

The month went by so quickly! It's already the 30th, but it feels like just yesterday I was about to start the fast. I have to admit, going into this, I was worried that I would have a media withdrawal after the first week, but looking back, it wasn't as difficult for me and I thought it would be. But I guess that's a good thing! Doing the fast was really beneficial for me in the sense that I was able to see how much media does affect my life and how much of it I'm involved in on a daily basis. Having the month off also allowed me to reflect on my relationship with God and where it stands, and I've come to the conclusion that I have A LOT to work on haha, but I know with Him all things are possible. I'm very glad I did it and I wish I would've done it last year as well. The media fast overall was a positive experience and I'm thankful that I took part in it :) good job guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment