What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 7, 2011

a moment of peace

Well we've made it to the end of week one :) Hope you are all doing good! So today I was stuck at ARC waiting for the bus, so I decided to wait in the library (cause it started raining on me :P). As I was in there I started thinking...what do i do?? I mean I usually just play some games on my itouch or something but I knew that wasnt going to happen. Instead I sat at one of the tables upstairs and just thought, little did I know I had been thinking for 45 minutes! ...I began to think about God's creation and how beautiful He has made everything...I was sitting there watching the rain start to come and the sun behind the clouds and I was completely at peace. You know in certain movies where everything around them just stops and they cant hear anything...it was exactly like that! I really felt the Holy Spirit within me and I had such a love for life at that moment. I then began to think of all of you guys and I prayed for all of you, I prayed that God would give you the same peace that He gave me because let me tell you, it's quite the feeling! There is nothing better than to sit in silence, have no worries and be completely happy from the peace of God...I hope you all keep it up and I hope that we can all help each other throughout this month because it is hard to do this on your own. God has a plan behind everything and He can do anything, even if its just in 30 days.
-Emma

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. You had the unique opportunity to connect with God and you took it! I love it. Thank you for sharing that with us!

    ReplyDelete