What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, March 2, 2012

not my own

i read something yesterday. it kind of scared me... but in a good way. i don't know if that even makes sense, but it does in my head (which probably doesn't mean a whole lot. ha.). i was flipping through my Bible and found jeremiah 10:23-24:

23 I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps.
24 Correct me, Lord, but only with justice--
not in your anger,
lest you reduce me to nothing.

ok, like, how can you NOT be scared when you read that? my life isn't my own? ...what the heck. that freaked me out for a while. but i guess it means that God is in control of my life, not me. and whatever God wants to use me for, He will. i just need to trust and be open to letting Him work through me. i just decided that's going to be part of my goal for this year's media fast. which is going well, by the way. there has been a lot of temptation already. maybe it's a little dramatic, but whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

lastly..."a return" by david crowder*band: cool song. praying for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment