What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 18, 2013

Perfectly weak

So you know that verse "'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'"? Story. Of. My. Life. Trusting people, and God, is not necessarily one of my strengths. It's hard, and quite frankly it scares the poop out of me. Let's be honest. Ha. So can you guess what God has been teaching me this month? Trusting Him. Of course.

For reals, though, it's actually a good thing. I'm so conflicted about what I'm going to do once I graduate, but in that confusion, Jesus is leaving me no choice BUT to trust Him. If I'm not trusting Him through it, I'll only go crazier. So in my quest to trust, I'm growing closer to God, especially since I have time this month to go to Him more frequently. The funny thing is that I'm kind of okay with wherever God wants to send me next year. I mean I really really really want to do YWAM, but if college is where I need to be, God is in control of that, and He can use me in either situation. However it all ends, if I continue learning to trust God about it, His power is made perfect in my weakness.

On a completely different note, do you know that song Smelly Cat that Phoebe from "Friends" sings? It has been stuck in my head for the ENTIRE. WEEK. I'm going crazy, I swear. Ha.

Hope everyone's doing well. We're more than halfway there already! We should all do something together during spring break with our freed-up time. Fellowship; holla! Praying for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment