What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Almost Over

The month of March has gone by much faster than i thought it would. I have been so busy with school, church, extracurriculars, and softball. I have been meaning to post on this a lot more than i have (which is none)
I have been spending any freetime i have doing homework or reading christian novels. This years media fast hasnt actually been a challenge for me, probably because I havent even had time to think about media at all. In the car i will play Christian music which really puts me in a spirit of worship, which helps me have a better day and a positive mind.
I would just like to thank every single person that has been sponsoring me and praying for me this month. It is sooo appreciated, and i am so excited to go on the Missions trip because of you guys..
God has reallly opened up my mind this month and i have been looking at things maybe a little differently than i usually would. Im ready for this month to be over though!
Thanks again
Megan Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment