What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Exitement!

I am so excited to look back on how far I've gotten and how fun the media fast actually is when you look at it the right way.  I've replaced the time that I would usually play video games and watch tv to help out around the house more, and to read books more.  I read books by a really good christian author named Ted DeKKer, who writes mainly suspense/fantasy books.  I also just started reading the books by Paul such as Romans, 1Corinthians and 2 Corinthians, etc.  It feels a little bit like a different lifestyle without my video games, and I realize just how addicted I was to my video games.  I also finally got to meet one of my sponsors today.  It was nice to talk to him face to face instead of always on the phone. I think it might be harder this week because of the exitement.

1 comment:

  1. Jim & Belinda WetmoreMarch 23, 2015 at 8:30 PM

    Brandon, you are almost there! Stay strong and complete the race. We hope to bump into you at Arcade soon.

    ReplyDelete