What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Saturday, March 8, 2014

take 2

I'm really excited to be able to do the media fast again with the church.  I think this year will be much harder than last year.  Last year I had more religious friends who understood what the media fast was about.  This year I have more non-religious friends.  My friends this year don't understand why I would "punish" myself like this.  I continually explain to them that we use this fast to grow closer to God and to raise money for the mission trip.  I also think this year is harder with the fact that I love listening to music and I haven't found a lot of christian singers that I really like.  I'm still looking for a few that I really love.  I'm so excited for the missions trip this year and the rest of the month to continue the media fast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment