What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 30, 2015

oh wow

Honestly this media fast was amazing, throughout most of it I had felt that God wasn't showing up in this whole experience. In the final days though I felt this overwhelming source of joy sweep over my body. God is truly great to me, yes I made a few mistakes pertaining to checking sports scores, but for the whole 30 days I stayed off of social media! I was upset when I made these mistakes, but I remembered that God forgives so I should forgive myself! I love the worlds of a song by Phil Wickham that goes, "this is amazing grace, this is unfailing love. That you would take my place, that you would bear my cross" this reminds me of Gods grace and love towards us. I also loved reading the story of Joseph who through all these trials and triumphs (aka us and media fast) he stayed faithful to God, and God DEFINATLEY stayed faithful to him. Congrats everybody! Hopefully I will see all of you guys in Arizona!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment