What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 26, 2015

T-minus 4 days

Dude, guys, we've practically made it. There’s less than a week left. I want to encourage everyone to push through these last couple days. I know that for me, in past years, these last days have been all about getting to the end. That’s not a good way to look at it. We all need to take each day as it comes. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble,” Matthew 6:34. I love this verse because it is so real. Yeah, everyday we're going to encounter adversity, but when we focus on tomorrow, we are just wishing our lives away. Instead, we should focus on the ways that God impacts our lives each and every day. That is what this fast is all about—removing secular media in order to be able to see God more clearly.
Also, this past Sunday I did the scripture reading thingy and when I was told the passage I found this super awesome verse. “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord,” Romans 8:37-39. I don't know if it’s just me, but this sounds super legit.  First of all we are called conquerors and I think that it is extremely encouraging. Then there’s the really amazing thing, there is nothing at all that can separate us from God. Even as the media fast begins and we slowly fall back into old habits, God will always be right there calling to us. We just have to open our ears to what he has to say.

Have a spectacular last leg of the fast. I can't wait for all of the adventures on Missions Trip this summer that I will get to experience with all of you. I'm totally psyched. Love you guys and I am still praying for you.
Also thank you to my sponsors who have continually encouraged me throughout the fast. You are the reason that I have been able to keep going. You guys are awesome and mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment