What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 2, 2015

Year Three

YEAR THREE is finally underway, and although I have been too busy to blog as of yet, I did take the time to compile a list of all my media fast goals for this year.. I hope this year can be even more successful then years in the past, and I hope every one participating gets something positive from this experience.
My 2015 Media Fast goals:
Stay responsible
Constantly refocus on God
Come to Christ expecting nothing, but needing everything
Be an example of Christ
Strive to please God and not myself
Always be aware of God's endless love
Trust God
Pray for all the people in Globe, Arizona, that their hearts will be open and that we will be a strong positive impact in their lives this summer.
Have pure thoughts
Be a good example for my peers
Keep my sponsors updated, make sure they know just how appreciative I am
Be prompt in my faith
Stay so humble
Remember that the fast was my choice, and  I am doing it so that I can impact the kids in Arizona!
Listen
Hold confidence in my faith
Seek advice
Love UNconditionally
Keep the mindset of a believer; resist temptation of media
Acknowledge the greatness of God
Stay honest
Stand out as a believer
Be aware that every action is a direct reflection on Christ.


I'm optimistic about this year, and good luck to everyone!!!!!!
xoxo Megan

2 comments: