What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 10, 2016

And then their were 3

One week down, 3 to go. I can't believe how quick this is going by, in exception one time, I have not realy been tempted with media and the week has flied by. However, the exception i said was when I went to my friend house to play some board games. My friend was about to put on some music as we were playing. I kindly asked him to not or put on some Christian music, he asked why, and I was able to give him an overview of the media fast as well as a tell him a little bit about the gospel, (he is not a Christian.) He did not realy soak in what I said about the gospel but respected why I could not listen to the music (pray for him). I am hoping through the media fast God will give me more opportunities to share the gospel.
I'm keeping everyone in my prayers and happy media fast
-Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment