What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

One week down.

Wow, one week has already passed in this media fast. I'm not sure why this is, but this media fast so far is much easier than I remember. Maybe it's because I've been keeping busy, but regardless the media fast is still very challenging. I find that in school where most of my friends are on their phones I'm either reading scripture or trying to make conversation. For the most part my friends haven't necessarily been majorly supportive, but they have been understanding and are respecting me and my media fast. One thing that I have noticed immensely is not only how little people talk face to face, but  when they do talk a lot of times it is about something that pertains to what they found or heard on social media. These times can be challenging, as I feel like I live under a rock with all of these people talking about things happening in the world. I am a football fan and it hurts how I can't keep track of what my favorite team is doing, some friends told me today about what had happened when normally I would just see it on my ESPN app. It's ok though, I am more than willing to sacrifice some football knowledge to get closer to God. This week I have been reading scripture as well as watching veggie tales! Thank you to whoever made a complete playlist of all the veggie tale episodes on dailymotion, that helped a lot! I hope everybody else is having a great media fast, and I thank all the sponsors once again for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment