What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, April 27, 2009

DAY 27

Well its the 27th day of the fast and we have 3 days left. This has been a really hard month for me not so much because of the fast but just the stress of life really has gotten me ,with trouble on the track and and some drama at school, but the coolest part of it is I've had influences around me (hint all the christian media). That has gotten me through the month and really changed how I see problems and struggles now I've really just got into a gods will attitude thanks to verses like Jer 29:11 specifically . have really just helped me not worry so much and just trust God it might be cliche but the way I'm looking at life now is a complete 180 from where i was just a year ago and I'm really just having faith that God will see me through struggles and its not all on me to get myself through stuff. With track I've had a lot of tension with my new coaches but through that tension I've found new skills in new events such as the 400m which i have been dropped to due to the tension and while its not the mile =( its something I'm good at and might even end up at the state meet for.

God works in mysterious ways. but he does have a plan just go with the flow !

No comments:

Post a Comment