What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Will We Remember???

Yaay!!! There is only one more day of the fast!!!! It has gone by super fast and I feel like i actually got something out of it! =)
But a few days ago, I was reading through James 1, and I noticed a passage that really caught my eye. It was verses 22 through 26, here is what it said...
(22) Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. (23)Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in the mirror (24) and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediatly forgets what he looks like. (25) But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does. (26) If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.
Okay, that was a little scary for me... I mean if we consider ourselves religious but we dont keep a hold of what we say, our religion is worthless!!! WORTHLESS! I was thinking about that for the longest time.....and I realized..we(including myself) dont take our religion as serious as we should! I mean during the media fast, when we blog, we all have these deep and heartfelt blogs. But if you think about it, do we ever think this way any other time than in this month?? I mean come on, we all keep these thoughts bottled up inside ourselves, and they only come out one month in a year??? Well, maybe its just me, but Ive noticed that I dont normally talk to my friends about my relationship with God and how we can get closer to him! Sometimes, Im sad to say, I wont talk about it because I think that they'll think its a weird topic or that people dont normally talk about that. Im sure others feel this way and thats why we are never saying whats on our hearts and instead we almost ignore the topic. So my point is really that after the media fast, i usually dont do anything that i talk about in my blogs. It must make God really disappointed to see us truly living our lives for him and after the month practically shun him! I wonder..... will I remember all the things that have come from my heart this month? My true feelings for him?? I am praying so so hard that we wont forget everything that has happened this month. Im praying for each and every one of you! and I hope you will help pray for me and everyone else! I want our christianity and love for God to be true, not worthless! We made a promise to follow through with what his word says! He is keeping his promises to us.....shouldn't we keep ours?

3 comments:

  1. man you are deep...but i totally agree with you and we should change the fact that we never actually talk about our relationship with God! we should keep eachother accountable with reading the bible and stuff and then we can talk about what we learned like a mini bible study!!! yay i can't believe we have never talked about it but we should totally be there for eachother!!
    see you sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay im glad you agree with me!
    It just hit me like nothing has ever before!
    oh btw, is this jess w. or jess k.??? lol
    see ya sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God alone understands our hearts.

    ReplyDelete