What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The End.

Well, I guess it's not teeechnically the end, but it's SUPER close! I'm not going to lie-I'm really excited to go on Facebook and add Taylor Swift back onto my iPod. But I've learned a couple of really cool things this month. I've learned that you can't just coast through relationships-- you have to put effort into them. That's how they become stronger. I also read some good stuff in Proverbs 20 last night. One of the first verses said "It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel". I'm kind of stubborn, so I always have to have the last word in an argument. So this was kind of tough for me to read. But that just means that I'll have to trust God to help me to live this verse out! Well anyways, it has been a pretty beneficial month. I'm going to carry some of the things I've learned throughout March into EVERY month, because it doesn't just end here. Thank goodness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment