What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Last Few Days

Well, so this month  has been really long, but we only have a few more days! My weeks have been filled with Ted Dekker books and christian music on replay. So this month doing the media fast I was looking for something more than just avoiding secular media (that's pretty much how it was last year for me). Normally, I am terrible at reading my bible because I get really distracted, but this month I have actually read the bible and got something from it. My favorite thing that I've read so far this month is Colossians 3:1-4, "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears then you also will appear with him in glory." I'm praying that we can have a successful last few days of the media fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment