What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 30, 2015

The Last Day

Ok, so I couldn't think of a song title that would fit the last day of the media fast (my last two posts followed this pattern : "Oh, We're Halfway There" and "The Final Countdown"). Is that so bad? :)
     Anyway, I have been thinking about this past month, and how much it has done for me. I can't believe it's already the last day! This month wasn't the dreaded, torturous month I thought it would be. No, it was instead an eye-opener, a blessing instead of a curse. I had more face-to-face conversations with people; I felt more comfortable openly sharing my faith with my nonbeliever friends. I also read a lot of inspiring Christian novels that taught me that God is in control of our lives, and he can do amazing things through what might seem to be tragedy. I spent more time with my family: laughing, playing games, riding bikes; things I wouldn't normally do but got to enjoy because I wasn't thinking about the next thing I would look for on Pinterest. I really did enjoy this time with my family, and it helped me realize these years with them are precious. This month I tried to focus on God and see Him in every part of my day. When things got though, either with temptations or just with everyday struggles, I prayed and was reminded that God is in control if my life; everything is a part of His plan.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord , plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
     I hope and pray that all of you have been able to see the wonders God is doing in your life this month. Thank you all for your prayers and support; I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment