What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 30, 2015

WHOOP

Seeing less than 8 hours on the countdown clock thingy is so exciting. I'm spending my final few hours on the media fast with Megan so that we can keep each other accountable as the clock counts down. Along with newfound Christian movies and music, my relationship with Christ has been rekindled. It is not quite at that "post-camp level," but it is pretty darn close. This month I've been able to take a breath of fresh air and appreciate how God works in my life.

The month kind of started of slow because going into my third year, the fast had become sort of a routine. The fast is meant to break routine, so that was not a good starting point. With the help of encouraging messages from my sponsors and constant texts from Matt with the Remind101 thing, I was able to dive into the month as if it was a brand new experience. My goal this month was to hear and see God in the little things. I spent time sitting outside in the sun with my bible. It was nice because it was just me and God- no distractions. By looking for God in the little things, I realized the magnitude of who really He is.

I hope to savor these last few hours of the fast. There's no doubt that tomorrow I will begin to catch up on my shows, but I pray that the things that I have learned this month will stick with me. I love all y'all.
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment