What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Costa Rica

So I haven't yet written yet because I left for Costa Rica yesterday and in fact I am sitting in the computer lab thing at our hotel, yay for free internet haha. This keyboard is very strange because it was made for EspaƱol but whatever. So the fast, well the first day wasn't all that bad because I was just so busy preparing for my trip and my birthday and such, but my birthday was really hard. I woke up to one of my best friends, much earlier than I needed to I might add, baring balloons and such. I has a lot of extra time alone and I was like you know no one would know if I just listened to what I wanted to listen to. But I listened to the voice of reason in my head and made some CDs, awesome Christian ones that I am willing to make copies of :), and listened to them all day. It was awesome!!! The plane ride here was a little bit hard as well. They were playing a movie our second leg of the flight and I was much to awake to fall back asleep. Luckily I had some great books to read which helped so much. All of the music I have heard here has been in Spanish so I can't understand half of what they are saying, I figure I'm good lol. So I'm off to prepare for dinner and hopefully get some sleep tonight. We are doing a nature walk and hiking up a volcano, its 8100 meters above sea level!!!! Peace, talk to ya'll later!

No comments:

Post a Comment