So if you are participating in the Media Fast and you would like to share your journey, there are a few things you need to know:
1) Keep people up to date weekly, at the very least. The more you write, the more they can follow you and pray for you
2) You will need to have a "g-mail" account. I will make you a "contributer" and then you will recieve an email to log on. Follow the instructions by entering your Gmail account info (Gmail address and password). Once you are logged in, Blogger will come up.
3) On Blogger, you will see "Our Thirty Blog". Click on "New Post". Give your message a Title and begin writing.
4) Try to keep from rabbit trails. You want people to read what you are writing, so be honest and direct.
5) On the bottom of the box you write in, you will see in small print "Labels for this post"... put only your FIRST NAME AND LAST INITIAL in that box. This is VERY IMPORTANT! This is so all your posts will be listed under your name. I put my full name on it but I ask you not to... for your own safety.
6) Then click "Publish Post". If you want to edit it, you can go back and fix it. That's it!
I can't wait to hear your stories, if you need help, call me and I can walk you through it... I'm praying for you! Are you ready?
What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?
What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.
This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.
Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.