What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Blog

Wow! It took me long enough to start blogging! For the past couple of weeks, I've had a lot more spare time than I usually do. I've started to read my Bible more than usual, including family devotions, which hadn't happened for a long time. I've also been reading Through Gates of Splendor by Elizabeth Elliot, which has been an encouragement to give up everything and follow Christ. This is beside the point, but I've also had a little bit more time to brush up on my soccer skills. And that's been really nice. It gives me more time to do my homework and study. This fast has been more challenging than I expected, mainly the lack of cable tv, going on the internet, and movies in general. But it's good to get away from it all and focus on what's really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment