What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, April 20, 2009

This fast

So it's the twentieth day of the fast, and its going pretty well. Ive only succumbed to temptation a few times :( But they were mostly at concerts, which were awesome by the way. I really do not miss television at all, it's just a waste of time. I really do miss secular music. I know I do not need to listen to it, but you know how it is, there will be a song you cant stop singing and just really want to listen to it. And Im not gonna lie, that song for me has been 7 Things, by Miley... All month long.
Other than that this fast is going really well. Im busy enough to not miss much stuff. Been reading the bible more which is good, and was needed. I just hope that I dont get into coasting mode with the fast. I want to keep focusing on the purpose of the fast and seek God, not just try to not watch tv.
As far as music goes, it has mostly been Matisyahu, subseven, The Devil Wears Prada, and Attack Attack.

1 comment: