What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, April 6, 2009

Folgers in a cup

Yeah so I woke up this morning after having an awesome time yet again at Sams. I really wanted to turn on T.V and watch Regis and Kelly. Its so hard to not turn it on! But lately I won't lie I'm not able to commit to just sit down and read my bible. Or I'll try and sit and think and pray but my mind wanders. I start thinking well I wonder what Sam is doing... or man Matt's head really is like Mr. Clean's... But I've realized for me I relate so well with words through songs. As I'm listening to this awesome singer JJ Heller she says.. " when my world is shaking Heaven stands, When My world is breaking I never leave your hands...." And thats so true. When everything sorta seems not to be working just right or when I'm not even focused on God I never leave his hands...

1 comment:

  1. abby i like your title and i can totally agree bout realting with things through songs. thanks for the advice

    ReplyDelete