What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

mewithoutYou

This band is exactly whats been keeping me together musically through this fast. They are so pure and authentic and they say exactly what most musicians will not say. Their words are so exact. I was listening to their song "A glass can only spill what it contains" and he said

"what new
mystery is this?
what blessed backwardness??
the Immeasurable One is held and does not resist!
struck by wicked words and foolish fists of senseless men
the Almighty One does not defend!"

And honestly after hearing that I was like WOAH!
Thats so true because the Love of God is a true mystery and its crazy how much we can try to run from him but he is held there always there.
He never turns away from us.
Yesterday I really reflected on everything that I've really messed up on and my past.
And I can totally see God everywhere even through my mistakes
That no matter how much I may hurt God or harm the life hes laid out before me
he still does not defend himself against me
hes there open arms

Seriously this band is a really good band
Their music may be really different but
theyre words have seriously changed a lot about the way I think

And hey I think thats what it takes to have a different look on things or sound on things
to actually to see something totally new.
I wish I could go on more about this guys lyrics but I would never stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment