What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, April 3, 2009

Parents & Families

Comment to this post and let me know if your family or parent or sponsor is participating in the fast with you

Keep the stories coming of how the fast is making an impact on your friends... Contest #1 ends tomorrow at midnight!

6 comments:

  1. Nope my parents are not doing the fast with me this year. But its ok grounding myself to my room when im home leaves me a lot of extra time to do other stuff like cleaning my room for the first time in like a year (scince last april)lol.not only that but im getting over my fear of reading and not just listening to books on tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are probably going to laugh, but I am addicted to Tom Sullivan's show. Have been for years. I always get in the car and turn it on on the way to pick-up after school. That is what I miss the most right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should have included this in my last comment!
    Some websites that are great:

    for some great laughs:
    www.stuffchristianslike.blogspot.com

    For research about theology,cults, etc.
    www.carm.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. me and my mom are doing the media fast together and i have foud it much easier to get through the day knowing that she is going through this with me not only to help me but for her to also grow in her walk with god. i have found that some of my friends have asked me why i am not singing this song or listening to this type of music and feeling the joy of telling them about the lord. i am not all perfect either i did almost blow it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mom is doing it with me!
    but my dad is constantly watching tv which is hard for us.
    i find that we are able to strengthen our relationship so much during this month! im praying for everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my family isn't doing it. my parents are kind of, but not really. and my brother and sister definitely aren't. so it makes it kind of hard because ill walk into the room, and the TV is on. so i have to go out. but its okay, i can just spend that time with me and God, or with others too. :)

    ReplyDelete