What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Stuggle

So I've never "blogged" before lol. But ill give it a shot!

So I realized tonight while i was talking to my dad how much of a struggle this media fast is for me. It's not the part where I'm supposed to stay away from media and center my attention on God, but the accountability. I read that you guys had little get togethers to watch God centered movies and to do certain things to help focus more on God, and I am struggling right now because I don't really have acountability. I don't have christian friends that will be there to back me. I am really trying tho. ====

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... what do you think of this idea. If you have a webcam (if not, they aren't too expensive), contact some of the others here and see if they have one. Then use "SKYPE" and you guys could actually "watch" a movie together and talk face to face...

    But bigger than that, we will all pray for you, Mesha. And when you are struggling the most, call us... really.

    ReplyDelete