What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wow-ee!

I though this week was going to drag on soo slowly but it’s almost over! These past few days have been amazin’!

So I posted a little banner on facebook saying I was going to be doing a media fast and one of my friends from school emailed me asking what it was about. I explained it to her and she decided to join in! She’s not doing it for fund raising but just for her benefit in growing in her relationship with God. Its so cool how a little post on facebook can impact people in that way.

Things have been a bit difficult though, some of my friends from school think that the media fast is “stupid” and what’s the point of avoiding something if it’s EVERYWHERE. Anyway, I didn’t let it get to me and just explained that It was so I could focus my life more on God. I kept on thinking of that verse in James; for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. So I need to keep the faith and not let what people think get to me, it’s for God after all, not myself. [:

Ok so I’m going to go snap some pictures for the Digital 30 contest.

Au Revoir

~Heather Dunmoyer

1 comment:

  1. dude thats soo awesome that the facebook thing inspired someone else to do it. and i totally understand how your having troubles with your friends because my friends think the same thing...i will be praying for you!

    -Jessica K.

    ReplyDelete