What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 14, 2013

First blog

     Hey! I had trouble trying to post using ourthirty.com, but i figured it out using blogger .com.  One of the biggest things that the Media Fast has helped me with was reading the bible since I never took the time to actually listen to what it had to say to me and use it in my everyday life to grow closer to god.  I am still having trouble with trying to resist the temptation to watch something on youtube, or watch a little of the show that my sister is watching, or even mess with settings on my computer while I'm doing homework.  I would like you to please pray for me to remember why I was doing the media fast in the first place and what to stay away from. Thanks!  I will pray for you all too!

1 comment:

  1. that is really cool Brandon! i hope that you do your best on the Media Fast! (^_^)


    ~DJ F.

    ReplyDelete