What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Line of No Returrn

Whew. Sorry for the late post! This week has been so busy... and it's only Tuesday. Haha I don't know what would happen if i was getting distracted with the media! I'm so excited to see where this month takes me in my walk with God. Sometimes I feel like it is an obligation to constantly check my Instagram feed or sit through another forty five minute episode instead of, say, doing my homework or spending time with God. I was so glad to kick this month off with a conference at Capital Christian called "My City". The speakers were amazing and one of them talked about crossing the "Line of No Return". Once you've jumped off the cliff, you can't go back up. This is how I began to look this month. And needless to say, I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment