What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Crossing the Finish Line

I just want to first congratulate everyone on a successful media fast! I know how hard this sacrifice is for all of us and I really hope that some good came out of this experience for you guys! For me personally I am happy to say that I was secular media free! I had a very difficult time this past week just trying to stay focused but luckily with all the colleges I was visiting over this spring break it helped to keep my mind occupied. I also found some fantastic christian bands and songs as well which really helped me get through this fast (Shout out to NF). This was such a great experience and I am so honored and happy to be doing something as special as this. I am really looking forward to seeing all of you guys this July in Arizona! Lastly I would like to thank all of the sponsors and those praying for us! It really meant a lot! One cool bible verse that I found while reading through proverbs was proverbs 18:10, "The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."
I think this verse for me sums up my experience this media fast, in tough times go to God. He knows our struggles and what we are doing is no easy task, so we can go to him and he will never let us down. Once again congrats everybody on a great and God filled media fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment