What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 1 Done

    The first week of the social media fast has gone by very smoothly and quickly. I am surprised but pleased with how little I have missed using my phone, watching Netflix, etc. This weekend was more difficult than the week had been because I have so much free time on my hands without school and golf taking up most of my day. But, I was able to read through some of Psalms, hangout with friends, see family, and watch a couple movies with all the time on my hands. I also got to go on a walk one day and admire Gods Creation around me which was very peaceful and enjoyable!
    I struggled mostly with not watching T.V. because it is always on whether at my house or a friends, but I was able to plug in my headphones and either listen to music or different passages from the Bible, so it wasn't too bad. Overall, the first week went very well and I'm looking forward to what the next couple of weeks have in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment