What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Mrmmrnvkingsjnfbtaychasdklfrmit!!!

     Strange title, right?  Looks like gibberish, but it is a sound I have made multiple times the past week!  I haven't really encountered too much temptation, but I have encountered a lot of frustration...     I was in the car earlier today, and my aunt started playing one of my favorite songs from her phone, and I freaked out and got out of the car, mumbling that I couldn't listen  to it because it was secular, (no the car was not moving when I got out, so i didn't get run over...Hallelujah Jesus, Amen!) I also couldn't finish one of the books I was in the middle of reading before the media fast, so I probably should have pick a smaller one, (Les Miserables), so I also was pretty frustrated with that.  Yeah, a lot of other smaller things have come up, but I have done just fine otherwise so far.  
     I have been reading proverbs each day as well, and I have been silently thinking "OK God I think I get the point!"  Anyone who has been reading it knows what I am talking about, since it seems pretty redundant about the wisdom topic, but it just goes to show how important godly wisdom is to the Lord.  It is something that comes in handy in all situations, and Proverbs gives us many examples and advice on many subjects, including temptation, relationships, discipline, friends, marriage, and leadership.  I have also been reading Peter as well, which has given some advice on frustration and worry: "Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."  If any of you need help with temptation, anxiety, or frustration through this media fast, just pray, and remember that there is absolutely NO reason to worry.  God loves you more than anything, and more than you could possibly imagine.  God, the creator of everything, animals, the earth, the universe and life itself, goes out of his way to ultimately love you, and give up himself for you. This shows how little some of our worries really are, and how he is willing to carry any burdens we have if we let him.  Just this huge truth should be comforting enough!  Well good luck to all of you, and happy media fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment