What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Tears

Have you ever thought that maybe rain is happy tears from God? Like someone told Him a super funny joke and He started laughing so hard that He started crying? I don't know.....I think that would be cool if it was. :) He's definitely c r a c k i n g u p right now if that's what it is. :)

Well I have to admit that this fast has gotten a lot more difficult. Television has been my biggest temptation. Kinda strange considering that I don't usually watch TV that often. But I'm trying really hard to avoid it. We were watching clips from Monte Python and The Lightning Thief in poetry class this week, and I felt pretty guilty since I was really loving it. But I guess it doesn't count.

Anyways, I love-love-LOVE the random sun and blue sky that has been popping up in between rain this month. God is such an amazing artist. Also, another good song- Movements by Rend Collective Experiment. In my opinion. Anyways, praying for you guys to stay strong 'til the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment