What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, March 14, 2014

Half way there!!!!!

We are half way there!!! So far no media has not been a huge deal but the thing I miss most is music I have to constantly remind myself to not reach for my MP3 player but for my devotions instead. So far I am enjoying this month of no media. I have been going through a devotional called fashioned by faith. This devotional is about a Christian women who is a model. She wrote the devotional to not only tell her stories but also to inspire girls to model Christ in everything we do and say it has been  inspiring to hear her struggles that led her to become the women she is today. I am looking forward to continuing this journey and seeing what God has to teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment