What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 7, 2011

Crazy Grace

I really love the book of Isaiah. The stuff that I've been reading in there is awesome. I've decided that my favorite chapter (so far) is 43 (I've been skipping around). It's wild that no matter how much I mess up (which is often), God promises to still love me. He even says that he holds our hand as we walk through life. That seems like CRAZY grace to me. The fact that He wants a personal relationship with me.....I don't know. It kind of blows my mind. It gives me hope. Anyways, if you have the chance, check it out.

Also, I came across a cool verse that I really liked: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" -Isaiah 41:10. So, knowing that, I'll really be trying to live that way from now on. :)

Oh, and one last thing-- I'm pretty much addicted to Tenth Avenue North and Remedy Drive lately. I've been listening to them sooo much. VERY cool bands. Just saying. :) Anyways. I hope everyone's doing well!

1 comment:

  1. I love Isaiah 43! I've been doing that note thingy that we do at bible study with it. Which I'm going to again ;) *hint hint*

    ReplyDelete