What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend No. 1

My first weekend doing the media fast is so much harder than the weekdays!!! I've been doing everything to keep myself busy since I can't watch TV like I usually do or go and surf the internet so its pretty much been homework, sleeping, and reading for me. Not that my parents are complaining since i actually did the chores since i got bored-at least they are getting something out of this too :) So we went out to eat and there were flat screens everywhere, like pretty much all the walls were lined with them no lie! Sad little me had to face a wall to resist temptation...but it worked. Hope you guys are doing awesome, keep it up!

1 comment: