What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It is going well for me, except for the books, It is very hard for me not to read seculer books. It is almost imposible, I go to pick up a book and I need to use all my will power to put it dawn. It is hard, but sucsessful. One really good thing about the media fast, I went to my friends house the other day, and we normally just watch TV and play Video games, but because of the media fast, we couldnt so we did other things, We got to get to know one another in a different way. It was awsom. God is very good!!!! He is showing me many things in my bible studies.

2 comments:

  1. I've been praying for you! I'm glad you're seeing God work through your commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is way harder then I expected. I thought that it would be so easy and i thought that I would be able to stay away from media without secound thought. I really want to watch blue bloods with my family as I usually do but the nights its on i have to try really hard not to think about it and try really hard to focus on God. I go to pick up my favorite book and I have to force myslef to put it down and do something else. I always thought of myslef as a non media person, but after really thinking about what media is, I learned that I am a very media centered person. It may not be alot of movies or music, but I am a very media person with reading books, magazines and any other reading type media. I have to try to teach myself to have a new favorite book: The bible. Im sure that once thats my new favorite book, I will be a much better person. I am xcited to learn something new everyday while reading my favorite book... The bible :)

    ReplyDelete