What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Very tempting

This past week has really been hard on me. Ive had a bad headache and have really wanted to just give in. I know I can get through it and keep going but it has been hard on me.
I did rent this really cool movie called Walking on Water. Its a surf documentary about a pro surfer who takes two boys on a surf trip around the world. It was really amazing to watch and know that there is a huge community of Christian surfers out there. Made me think how thankful we need to be. There is many people out there with nothing and they make the best of it so why cant we be happy with what we have instead of just wanting more and more? And also that its not that we are put through things that we are strong enough to handle, its what we can go through with god. Also watched To Save a Life couple times. I might even be starting to quote it to much. I hope this month get easier as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment