What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Beginning

Well this has been my second day of media fasting!! Super exciting right? Course it is! So far I've re-fallen in love with my christian music and have been tempted with my secular media-already. I've been reading my bible a lot already too, though so this has already impacted me and helped me be closer to God :D I must admit I've wanted to just turn on the radio and go to my old radio stations but its been the Fish and K-Love all the way through for me. And I've had my carpools turn the radio stations too, they all support me and my friends and teachers who know about this totally love the idea ad think it's a cool thing to do. The TV is just sitting there...resisting the urge though! I am soo going to see this through but it's kinda hard right now and its barely just begun. This is for you God and I'm happy to do it. Overall, a pretty good beginning I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment