What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1 Complete

I made it through day 1. I never thought i would. It hasn't been as hard as i thought it would be. I'm actually looking forward to the next 30 days. I found myself glancing at the TV today then remembering and looking away. I know the weekend will be harder, school helps alot with taking up my time. I figure I can make it without anything for a week at summer camp, just because I can't go to the beach everyday dosen't mean I cant find other positive things to take up my time.


Reading through Plillippians 2 verse 2-3 really stuck out to me
3 Instead of being motivated by selfish ambition or vanity, each of you should, in humility, be moved to treat one another as more important than yourself. 4 Each of you should be concerned not only about your own interests, but about the interest of others as well.

I have really high hopes for the rest of the month..... Hope it all goes well.


1 comment: