What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Friday, March 4, 2011

Seems like weeks.

This week to me has gone by so slowly for me. Its actually pretty easy to find other things to do with my time than watch tv. I have yet to find productive things to do, mostly just listening to religious music online, but i still have many days left. Telling people what I'm doing they say I'm crazy and they would never be able to do it, but wish we luck on it.
I think the day 3 verse says to not be caught up in sinful things in public or in private and try to and life life like your children of god.
It's amazing how many "mainstream" singers have religious music out there. Makes me see some of the artists in a different light. i know this month will be worth it in the end though.

No comments:

Post a Comment