What is a 30-Day Secular Media Fast?

What if the noise of godless media is drowning out the voice of God? Not all media is bad... but maybe the distraction away from God is making harder to hear and see God at work.

This is a journey of a group of high school students who have committed to take 30 days to focus on God through God-centered media. This includes TV, movies, books, magazines, smart phone apps, and many social media outlets.

Here, you can follow their stories, their lives, and their challenges. Feel free to leave comments and encouragement.

Read
Relate
Respond

Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 14

While doing the media fast, I have finally taken the time to really try to understand what God is trying to say through different verses. I love all of the parables that Jesus tells the disciples and his other followers about. Through them I am able to understand the various messages he is trying to get across. I am learning to be patient with people or actions that happen, knowing that God has purposely put that there to teach me a lesson.
I have been able to see God through the everyday gifts that he provides my family with. I am very thankful that I have a dog, Boo. He is super funny and he keeps all of my family laughing constantly! (:
~Jessica Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment